Pepper7 updated

A section for our lovely Gn15 manufacturers to plug their latest releases and for the rest of us to post our wish lists. Don't be shy.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

RoGNer
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow Gauge Railways; beer; Goblins

Postby RoGNer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi Steve - will the SL300 mine tub kit be out soon?

Cheers
Roger
Keep it on the Short and Gnarrow!

Steve Bennett
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: railways?

Postby Steve Bennett » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:26 am

Thanks again guys.
To answer a few questions:

Si - Yes the shipping is a bit messy and I'm trying to find a better way to integrate it into the cart, hopefully just a temporary way of doing it.

Mike - Will be adding dimensions for everything as time goes on, still a work in progress :wink:

Henrik - Thanks again for doing the checking, much appreciated.

Roger - You are in luck, it is back on the menu again, I found a batch of wheels I didnt realise I had for it.

Keep any feedback coming guys, especially any problems you might encounter.
I do hope to be adding new features as time goes on, such as tips and tutorials, but obviously the shop is more important at the moment :)
Steve Bennett
Sidelines
http://www.pepper7.com

RoGNer
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow Gauge Railways; beer; Goblins

Postby RoGNer » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:58 pm

Great Steve! Order just sent to you.

Thanks pal

Roger

:D :D :D
Keep it on the Short and Gnarrow!

More_Cats_Than_Sense
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Railways, Cats, Computers, Beer

Postby More_Cats_Than_Sense » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Website looks Gnice Steve, I can now tell the public at exhibitions that the new site is up and working :)
We do get asked where the models are available from by interested members of the public.

One thing I've noticed about the site and the navigation around it is that if you just click on the G-Scale & O-Scale headings seen on the home page, you get taken to the heading page of that section, but there are no links on those pages for the sub-pages. Might help tablet users and those with slight motor control problems to navigate the site, plus (on a purely personal note) I find such dead-end pages frustrating.

This didn't stop me from ordering some stuff though 8)

Definitely an improvement on the old site Steve, well done :D
Barry Weston

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer.

The only thing that keeps me sane, is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes....

Never knowingly sensible!

Gerry Bullock
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Gn15 and O Gauge at Club.

Postby Gerry Bullock » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:44 am

More_Cats_Than_Sense wrote:One thing I've noticed about the site and the navigation around it is that if you just click on the G-Scale & O-Scale headings seen on the home page, you get taken to the heading page of that section, but there are no links on those pages for the sub-pages.

Don't understand comment Barry.
On my iPad I get heading for section followed by the 3 subsections which when tapped upon gets me to the items on offer - no ? Of no links. :roll:
So little time, so many ideas!!!!! GerryB.
http://gn15gnutt.blogspot.com/

Steve Bennett
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: railways?

Postby Steve Bennett » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:06 am

It's OK Gerry, I get where Barry is coming from and think it is a very good idea to have button links on the various pages, aswell as the menu to hover over, it will give an alternative way of navigating around, thanks for the suggestion Barry, I want to make it as easy as possible to find things.
Steve Bennett

Sidelines

http://www.pepper7.com

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:49 am

as I said, I was playing round with these floating menu scripts a few years ago. Seem to remember something in the code for conventional menus. I do remember being impressed by the software's ability to work on multi platforms, something more recent software seems to forget(possibly deliberately).
Although I am not a fan of using frames on web pages, having a conventional menu list in another frame is relatively easy to set and more importantly maintain. Only downside is whether frames work as well these days on some devices. Depending on how much control you have of javascript, a simple function/module to code would work just as well .
If I was getting back into programming, I would probably use javascript, as it is still a programming language, and has similarities to some of the old mainframe languages I used to use .Names change but the concepts stay the same.
First thing I noticed when I loaded the web page was how fast it loaded, and that is mainly down to power of modern computers .
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Sir Briand
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby Sir Briand » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:25 am

Love the new site Steve. A good example of the KISS principle :)
Sir BRIANd :wink:
Paint your people to look like they belong!
http://www.brifayle.ca

Return to “Trade tittle-tattle”