New Moderator on the block

A general talking shop for any subject under the sun (even Monty Python). This would also be a good place to make suggestions about the site itself or about these forums (or "fora", if you're particularly pedantic).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

New Moderator on the block

Postby chris stockdale » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:51 am

Cripes - Emrys has very kindly appointed me a moderator. I'm honoured, having been a happy Gnatterboxer from the very early days.

I'm hardly the 'heavy' type and I hope you won't mind a couple of introductory thoughts.

- the hoary old chestnut of copyright: I'm certainly no expert, so I plan to err on the side of caution and would politely ask everyone else to do so too. If it isn't yours (photo, drawing, written stuff etc) then maybe a link is better than replicating it - unless you can show the copyright owner has given their approval

- location of posts: you may now see that Modelling Matters now falls into a section that is simply headed Gn15...

I think there may be some threads, particularly in Modelling Matters, that might be happier elsewhere - so a move or two is likely to be afoot. l'll pop whoever started a thread a PM to say what I've done - if everyone else can simply keep an eye out. And do please ponder whether you have the right spot when starting a new thread, thanks.

So, off we go then :D

bestest,

Blackcloud Railways
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

Re: New Moderator on the block

Postby Blackcloud Railways » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:04 am

Chris Stockdale wrote:I'm hardly the 'heavy' type

Good job, otherwise your garden railway would need bigger rails. :P

Tugs forelock and backs quickly towards the door with coat in hand.

Gerry Bullock
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Gn15 and O Gauge at Club.

AGnother Moderator

Postby Gerry Bullock » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Those who look at detail will note that Emrys has also added myself to the Moderating Team.
It's unlikely that I'll moderate as I'm sure Stockers and Jeff will handle the task without need of a third Gnatterboxer getting involved.
Having said that as I'm trawling the back pages of MM for items to include in the VE section, an area that Chris & Jeff probably won't wish to visit I will move any threads that I deem to be more appropriate elsewhere.
The originator will be PMd identifying where thread has been moved to.
As I previously said I doubt too many look at threads that are 6+ pages back in MM.
I'm sure that in the space of a few weeks moderation will be a thing of the past as Gnatterboxers come to recognise the best place for new topics.
So little time, so many ideas!!!!! GerryB.
http://gn15gnutt.blogspot.com/

FairlieCrazee
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Cats, Narrow Gauge, Doll Houses, Modelmaking, Large Scales, Theatre, Music, Art, Technical Design.

Postby FairlieCrazee » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:26 pm

I think the new layout is much more clear, I will make sure i post in the right places from now on ! x
Art Music and Love is all I need !

Nikki xx

Steve Bennett
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: railways?

Postby Steve Bennett » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Good news, well done Chris, Jeff and Gerry for taking on the task.
Guess I had better behave now :lol:
Steve Bennett
Sidelines
http://www.pepper7.com

JeffSaxton
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: old technology and small railways, with new technology tossed in.

Postby JeffSaxton » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Seemingly, I am a moderator now as well ... so I think I need to get up to speed.

One thought, since Gerry has been moving locomotive projects into a separate heading for quick reference, would it maybe make sense to have one pre-ordained for just such a purpose, and then instead merely move non-locomotive topics out?
Jeff Saxton
I'm spending the year dead for tax purposes!

Gerry Bullock
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Gn15 and O Gauge at Club.

Postby Gerry Bullock » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:41 pm

JeffSaxton wrote:Seemingly, I am a moderator now as well ... so I think I need to get up to speed.

One thought, since Gerry has been moving locomotive projects into a separate heading for quick reference, would it maybe make sense to have one pre-ordained for just such a purpose, and then instead merely move non-locomotive topics out?

Hi Moderator :wink: , I only move the Locos into that section when the thread is 'dead' Jeff, i.e. the item becomes an archive for all to view.
This usually means that I trawl from last year post in The Loco Shed (might be as far back as page 17 in MM) then come forward to around January of year in question which usually means Page 5/6 in MM.
I wouldn't want to have all Locos including current items therein as that would mean anyone would be able update the Loco Shed section - it ceasing to be an archive.
Many Locos in MM appear in threads that also include a layout build so the thread gets archived in The Loco Shed & Virtual Exhibition. Nothing is ever straight forward. :lol:
The reason that Emrys added the two sections VE & LS was to give Gnatterboxers & casual visitors the ability to view Layouts and Locos easily without having to trawl through the now 61 pages of Gn15 Modelling Matters.
Perhaps I should re-iterate that only Gn15 items appear in these archives, after all that was the original concept of Gn15.info.
So little time, so many ideas!!!!! GerryB.

http://gn15gnutt.blogspot.com/

Return to “Blether”