Scalescenes Industrial Boxfile Layout

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Ulysse
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Playin' with my little trains.

Scalescenes Industrial Boxfile Layout

Postby Ulysse » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:16 pm

Hello,
I found this kit on a several forums: https://scalescenes.com/product/ly01-in ... le-layout/
It seems very interesting. I know it's for gauge 00 (or H0). Maybe it could be used in Gn15? It's just a thought and nothing else. Thank you for all your answers.

Regards,
Chris

PeterH
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner
Interests: Railway history, drinking beer

Re: Scalescenes Industrial Boxfile Layout

Postby PeterH » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:30 pm

Yes, I’ve seen that kit on another forum, and it seems a great start for a layout.

You can sometimes convert an 00 scale model to G by increasing the size of the doors and windows. In this case the low building in the middle at the bottom might be too low; also the conveyor? on the right above the track would probably need raising. You might need to buy two kits and cut them up to get enough parts.

In G scale a printed building can look a bit flat. Modellers often glue card frames around doors and windows to make it a bit 3D.
Peter

Ulÿsse
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Too many !

Re: Scalescenes Industrial Boxfile Layout

Postby Ulÿsse » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:50 am

Thanks. I forgot that: How many ink cartridges will be used with this kit in G scale ? Too many I guess. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Chris

Return to “Modelling Matters”